"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength." - August Wilson

Friday, October 15, 2010

Lesson 4: God's Promise - PEACE

Lesson given October 12, 2010

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!" - John 16:33

One of God's promises to us is that of peace.  But in the midst of an anxiety attack, or a moment of depression peace seems like an impossible dream.  When I was very deeply depressed can remember thinking that I no longer cared if I was happy any more.  All I longed for was to be content.  Contentment seemed the ultimate goal because it embodied peace.  
 
I still believe that peace and contentment are far better than happiness, for happiness comes and goes depending on your circumstances.  But peace and contentment can be achieved for a lifetime, no matter what your lot in life.
 
As a child of God you have the right to peace.  The Lord wants you to feel content in all circumstances.  It is your right to feel contentment and peace. The Lord has overcome the world, he can give us peace.


Can you see a difference between happiness and contentment?  

What can you practically do to promote contentment and peace in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment