"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength." - August Wilson

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lesson 3 - Receiving Great and Precious Promises

"...He has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." - 2Peter1:3-4

It's easy to pray, praise and send well wishes to others, isn't it?  But it's very hard to receive those same things for ourselves.  I know you feel this way because I did for years, and at times I still do.

I did not feel worthy of praise, well wishes and certainly not of prayer.  But I was wrong.  And in feeling so I was robbing myself from the Lord's great and precious promises, and I was saying no to God.

You must accept his blessings in order to receive them.  You must understand that it is  not by the standards of this world that we are measured, but we are measured through the eyes of Jesus.  And if he says that you are worthy of a blessing, who are you to deny it?  One way to begin to conquer our anxiety and depression is to gratefully accept the blessings the Lord gives to you.

Can you think of a time when you denied a gift from God, thereby denying yourself the blessing?

What can you do to help yourself feel more worthy of the blessings given to us by our Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment