"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength." - August Wilson

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lesson 1 - Something to Give

From the September 21, 2010 meeting:

"You are the light of the world." - Mathew 5:15

Every one of you has something to give, something precious and wonderful to share with the world.  Our depression and anxiety serves as a prison from which we can not share our gifts nor receive the precious gifts of our Lord.

So I am going to pledge, and I ask you to pledge with me, that I will no longer allow my depression and anxiety to rob me of my proper place in the world.  I understand that it will be a constant battle - sometimes worse than others.  But we are not fighting this battle under our own strength.

Mind you, it will take your own strength to make the decision to live in freedom and in the light.  We have been gifted free will, so use that will to choose the light!  You may have to make that same decision over and over again every single day.  I know that I do.  But the Lord will strengthen you.  And you are not alone.  We'll walk this path together.  When I have nothing left to give, you will help me stand.  And I will do the same for you.  We all have plenty to give.

What is your anxiety and depression robbing you of?

What can you practically do to combat that?

No comments:

Post a Comment